Department of Recreation
Under supervision of the Recreation Director, the Maintenance/Custodian will perform a variety of work in the maintenance, alteration and repair of buildings and grounds and equipment. This position provides assistance to the Recreation Leader as needed. This position provides quality custodial services to any satellite locations the Recreation department may provide programs from.
Primary Duties required for this position
- Responsible for the performance of facility maintenance such as light plumbing, changing of light bulbs/fixtures, carpentry, painting, and other repairs at all assigned sites.
- Responsible for maintaining the property through janitorial duties i.e., cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming of facilities. During winter months, cleans snow from entrances and sidewalks at all assigned sites.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance to include sweeping, landscaping and other work at all assigned sites.
- Assist with set up/break down of tables and chairs for group meetings.
- Assists in checking facilities for safety hazards and report any deficiencies.
- Responsible for ensuring all windows and entrances/exits are secured at end of work shift by utilizing alarm system if requested.
- Responsible for moving of furniture and supplies as directed by Supervisor.
- Tracks maintenance repairs throughout property and conducts daily/weekly building walk-throughs.
- Complete required tasks while working around patrons and children.
- Complete any additional task assigned by the Recreation Director.
- Prior experience in facility maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to work under stressful situations; ability to stay calm; have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work evenings, night shifts, split shifts, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, and other departments and agencies; ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to abide all CDC recommended guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or corrosive chemicals. Proper PPE will be provided.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately noisy when in the field.